Thanks to a guided tour it is possible to relive all the magic of the past visiting the 30 richly decorated and furnished rooms of the Castle of San Pietro. As documented in a stone which overlooks the Knights Courtyard, the castle was built in 1460 by the nobleman Bartolomeo Barattieri, legal advisor and ambassador of Piacenza to the court of Pope Julius II. The Barattieri family maintained the property until 1993, thus permitting the excellent preservation of the original structure which provides us today with a faithful and precious example of a 15th Century aristocratic home. Designed on a rectangular plan from which at the entrance on the south arises the keep and on the northern side two large round defensive towers, the castle appears rather austere and compact from outside, while on the inside an elegant courtyard surrounded by an arcade surmounted by a loggia
of a delicate design create an airy and refined space. Conceived as a fortified noble residence, the castle presents interesting architectural solutions to the defenses required by the introduction of firearms. The ample green spaces of the estate provide a tree-filled park and extensive garden enriched with installations of contemporary art.
 
The Castle of San Pietro is open to the public on Sundays and holidays, from March to the 1st of November.
 
Tour Times: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. - 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.*
* This last tour only takes place in the months of May, June, July and August
 
Questo sito utilizza cookies per il proprio funzionamento e per migliorare l'esperienza d'uso. Se continui a navigare, accetti l'uso di questi cookies e presti il tuo consenso. Per informazioni sull'uso dei cookies o per disattivarli utilizza il link Privacy presente nel sito.

 

OK
Elenco dei siti realizzati da xPlants.it con XTRO CMS